"When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am..." - Iris

12 December 2007

"old school"

Facebook has this movies quiz which assesses your knowledge of old school nickelodeon.  Just for kicks, I decided to try it and see just how much I did know.  I was faced with questons from tv shows whose very names bring me back to a time when watching TV ruled the schedule my life (which was mostly elementary and middle school) like Doug and Salute Your Shorts.  However, there were a couple of shows that were not familiar to me like Angry Beavers and Hey Arnold!  At least, not familiar in the sense that they would fall under my category of "new shows" since by the time they came out, my old favorites were mostly phased out and I was getting over watching cartoons on TV.  

It is strange to find myself aged like that.  After all, to someone younger than me (possibly the creator of the quiz) , those shows would not be new since they were still at the life phase that I had been when I watched the other shows.  

"Old school"  is definitely an adjective that is dependent on the perspective of the one who coined it.  

No comments: