"When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am..." - Iris

11 May 2008

Gold

Make new friends, but keep the old
One is silver and the other gold.



A cute little ditty taught to young'uns. But it's so true.

I was fortunate enough to share an hour with one of my close friends since high school before she left the country again.

Throughout our friendship we'd shared a lot of things, especially gossip about boys. ^_^ We also were lucky enough to go to college together. I remember times when I'd give her advice about this and that. I guess it seemed that I had more experience. I dunno. Mostly it's because I went through mistakes I wanted people to avoid, so I shared.

Tonight was a very good change. I was the one coming to her with my tangled life. It's great to see how much wiser she's grown and I am inspired. We've barely shared contact since I left for Hawai'i and she for the Caribbean, and many things have happened in our respective lives. And out of her experience she grew in her faith and into herself... something that I still find myself struggling with daily.

It's funny that I found it easy to do those things in Hawai'i and now that I'm back, I've sort of gone back to my old self, but not because I can't and am therefore stuck at this odd point in life where I can't seem to move forward in any direction.

Anyway, am I even making sense? It's getting late. Better hit the sack.

All in all, today was a good day. Thank you, Lord for the blessings of old friends.

No comments: