"When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am..." - Iris

15 January 2009

love of money

I have to admit. Sometimes, when I think of people who chose more lucrative professions, the big green monster of envy rears its ugly head. Choosing a career based on idealism and the whole "making the world a better place" is all well and good. But when I think of Kate Spade bags, Tiffany's, Ugg boots, Mercedes and a house in Hawai'i... well.. you get the picture. So, I should be planning to go back to school for something that pays more like nursing or accounting. But instead, here I am procrastinating an essay to get me to a school for social work. More idealism. Less of a paycheck. I hope I get a big "Thank You" card from the world for this sacrifice.


Okay, Faye shallow moment is done.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you'll get a big "Thank You" card from God. :-)

Unknown said...

=) awesome! lol thanks Rach.. for bringing backthe right perspective

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! Any new plans for your garden this spring?